What Is Canine Hydrotherapy?
Canine hydrotherapy is a form of hydrotherapy directed at the treatment of chronic conditions, post-operative recovery, and pre-operative or general fitness in dogs. Wikipedia
How Can It Help Your Dog?
As an alternative or complement to weight-bearing exercise and medication, canine hydrotherapy may speed recovery after operations or slow the progression of degenerative conditions.
It may be used as a pre-operative fitness regime to allow a dog to maintain condition before an operation if it can not exercise normally. When a congenital condition is identified in a puppy, it may be the case that surgery is not possible until the animal is physically mature; during the period preceding the surgery, hydrotherapy can be employed to maintain the dog’s condition.
Canine Hydrotherapy Spinal injuries or surgery can cause impairment of motor function, which may be treated by allowing the dog to exercise in water; it provides support and allows the dog to exercise its muscles while nerve regeneration is taking place.
Degenerative conditions can make normal weight bearing exercise difficult and pressure on joints and limbs may aggravate some conditions, so hydrotherapy can be used in these cases to allow the dog to exercise in an environment where there is no pressure on the affected areas.
Obese dogs can build fitness and lose weight as a result of exercise in a hydrotherapy pool without putting excessive weight on their joints. Hydrotherapy may be used as part of a general fitness routine for dogs. Wikipedia
- During peak times (most weekends and holidays) we are unable to provide daycare as our rooms are being used by overnight guests.
- Vaccination requirements: All of our guests are required to show proof of rabies, distemper, and bordetella (canine cough) upon their first stay. Parvo is also recommended.
- Medications: We will administer existing prescriptions and eye and ear drops, etc. Please notify us beforehand if your dog has any medical needs as there may be an extra charge. Pills should be in a weekly pill organizer with your pet’s name, medicine name, dosage and vet name.
- Things to pack: Leash, collar, bed or blanket from home, toys, dog treats, ample food in a sealed container or original bag. Feel free to bring your own freshly laundered pet bed.
- Because we are a small home based business that works holidays and weekends, we ask that you respect our hours.
- Everyday all of our guests need special attention. For that reason we do not discount our reasonable prices for long term stays.
Important Date Closures
September 8th – October 7th, 2020 (Inclusive)
January 5th – February 10th, 2021
Open hours may vary on holidays and holiday weekends. On some holidays we do not allow check ins/outs or visits. Please call ahead (506) 867-0100.
Pet owners trust us to look after the needs of their beloved companions. We are committed to delivering the very highest of pet care, affection and lodging. – CRPL